In this Tutorial, I will let you know how to use URL redirection in WordPress. URL Redirections means forwarding a target URL from your source URL. You can use this option for affiliate links cloaking Or Modify deleted Post. You can also Fix 404 Error with this by redirecting to other content. Follow this step by step guide to use URL Redirection In WordPress.
Also, Read: How to stop WordPress Comment Spamming
Guide to Use URL Redirection In WordPress
Why Do You Want To Use URL Redirection In WordPress?
URL Redirection can fulfill many marketing purposes.
- If you own a website where you leave some reviews or paid post and want to track clicks. Then 301 URL Redirection is the best option for you.
- If you want to modify or forward a deleted post to new page or post URL.
- If you want to hide your affiliate URL using your own domain.
- If you want to fix 404 Errors in your website.
Using URL Redirection In WordPress
Go To Plugins > Add New > Search For ”Redirection” Plugin.
Install And Activate Above Plugin.
Mouse Hover Tools Section On Left Side > Click On ”Redirection” Option.
In Redirection dashboard, Add source URL in Format ”/your-source-url/”. Then add your Full Target URL in next Row.
Note: If you want to forward a deleted post to new modified one. You have to choose the second option as shown below.
- If you want to see logs i.e. who and quantity of clicks then click ‘on ”logs” section.
- If you want to move/migrate the site to another domain/server. You can also export your settings in ”import/export” section.
- Your own personal URL shortener which is SEO Friendly.
- Fix 404 Errors from your deleted pages or post data by redirecting it to new custom page/post.