Are you Photographer? Or Photography Enthusiast? Then why don’t you want to make money selling photos online from various platforms available online and nowadays in smartphones era you can even upload photos via some apps and get paid accordingly. In This tutorial, I will let you know how to make money selling photos online on various websites, apps etc.
How Much Can You Make Money Selling Photos?
This question what comes to mind of any professional photographers or photography enthusiast because in todays fast moving world everybody wants a shortcut to earn money but failed to understand that there’s no shortcut to success as you have to be patient about your work to get some exposure on every platform, Therefore all you need to do is keep working on your projects and success will eventually follow.
“Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.”
— Henry David Thoreau
I’ve tried Stock photography using platforms like iStockphoto, Shutterstock, Adobe Stock, Stockfresh, Clashot, EyeEM, My personal experience isn’t that appealing as compared to my fellow photographers who cash-in like 1200$ at least per month using 20+ stock photo platforms available online but again it does depend upon your quality and which genre you choose as Food and Business stock photography are the most searched and downloaded niche in stock business. I’ve personally tried it but again I am not a professional so you can excuse my experience but my fellow photographer who started doing this from 2010, At starting they struggled for few months but afterward they started earning like 1$ per photo downloaded and nowadays you can earn 25-60 cents per photo on an average.
Top 10 Ways To Make Money Selling Photos Online/Desktop
1.GettyImages:- For content licensed via iStock.com, royalty rates start at 15% for Photos and 20% for Videos and Illustrations, but Exclusive contributors can earn from 25% to 45% – learn more in below screenshot. For content licensed via GettyImages.com, rates start at 20% for RF still images and 25% for RF video.
2. Shutterstock:- Below are the earnings breakdown of Shutterstock as it’s also among the biggest stock market available in the market from where you can earn a fortune from your images.
3. Adobe Stock:- Adobe also have the largest contributor userbase from where you can make more money selling photos/vectors/videos online. Every time someone purchases your content, you get a 33% commission for photos and vector art and a 35% commission for videos based on the price of the image. You can request a payout via Paypal or Skrill when you have reached at least $50 (50 Euros) in royalties.
4. BigStockPhoto:- Bigstock photos are also among top stock company having Alexa rank of 10k with millions of buyers around the world. Following are the earning breakdown;
5. CanStockPhoto:- Every time one of your images is downloaded you will earn a commission. Also, if you refer another photographer to us, you will earn $5 USD for every 50 photos they sell.
6. 123RF:- Having largest userbase and having Alexa rank of 1k which give you great exposure plus they give you whopping up to 60% Commission. Following are the breakdown;
7. Alamy:- Alamy offers a better deal than most other agencies, they split sales down the middle; 50/50 (the industry average is 30% to the contributor). They’re really easy to work with, They’re non-exclusive and They don’t tie you into a long-term contract.
8.DepositPhotos:- Deposit photos are also big stock company having Alexa rank equivalent to 1k, They pay according to contributors level as described as follows;
9. Envato Market :- They have varieties of option for a contributor to earn from which you can find here, Being one of the biggest marketplace for creators like designers, photographers, musicians, this is place to be.
10. Freepik :- Freepik is the largest vector/stock photography base having millions of browsers around the world considering the Alexa rank of 312, Therefore as per their FAQ you can earn $0,12 to $0,25 per image download on an average.
TOP Ways To Make Money Selling Photos From Mobile
1.Clashot:- Clashot is the property of depositphotos from where you can upload your pic straight from your smartphone and earn per image downloads.The best photos are available for sale after a minimal verification procedure, with no exams required. Photo authors get royalties of about 44% from each photo sale.
2. EyeEM :- When you sell a photo through EyeEm Market, you will always receive 50% of the revenue.
3. Twenty20:- You earn $2 per photo licensed (~20% commission). This is the best way to earn money on Twenty20. That’s because you earn a commission every time a customer licenses one of your photos. This means you can sell the same photos over and over, which means more money in your pocket.